In a meeting expected to take place on Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 at 10AM at the Luxembourg Palace in Paris, France, the French Senate will hold a joint hearing to discuss issues relating to the development of virtual currencies, such as bitcoin.
The announcement was made on the Senate’s website, and notes this will be an open-press event. The following individuals will be in attendance:
- Ms. Delphine Amarzit, (Head of the financing of the economy of the Treasury Department);
- Mr. Denis Beau, Chief Operating Officer at the Bank of France;
- M. Jean-Baptiste Carpentier, Director of Treatment and intelligence action against clandestine financial circuits (TRACFIN);
- M. Jean-Michel Cornu, scientific director of the Next Generation Internet Foundation;
- M. Jean-Paul Garcia, National Director of Customs Intelligence and Investigation (DNRED);
- M. Grandval Gonzaga, president of PAYMIUM SAS.
We’ll certainly have more information on these hearings as they take place.