The crypto bloodbath has left thousands of traders in a bad way. A rapid decrease in price has seen more than 240,000 traders rekt in the span of 24 hours. As the downtrend continues, more investors are added to the long line of losers, most of which have been long traders. As it stands, there are now almost a billion dollars that have been liquidated in the market so far and this number continues to climb with bitcoin declining below $24,000.
Over $940 Million In Crypto Liquidated
Over the last 24 hours, the liquidations that have rocked the crypto market have been nothing short of brutal. Most of the liquidations have come from the largest digital assets in the space but Bitcoin has borne the brunt of it once more.
The long traders who were hoping for further price recovery had been hit hard in the space. Although the majority of liquidations have been long liquidations, it doesn’t mean that short traders have been spared either. What has occurred has been that as the price fluctuations continue, a lot of traders have been blindsided and had their positions liquidated in a flash.
Related Reading | U.S. Macro Pressure Responsible For Entire Bitcoin Downtrend
So far, there have been a little over 253,000 traders liquidated in the past day alone but these numbers are rapidly growing. Data from Coinglass shows that $596.99 million in longs have been liquidated, accounting for 63.25% of all rekt volume. While $346.86 million in shorts have been liquidated, making up the remaining 36.75% of losses.
Market cap losses more than $100 billion | Source: Crypto Total Market Cap on TradingView.com
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Record Massive Losses
As expected, the big players have seen the most losses in the past 24 hours. What is more interesting is the volume of digital assets that have been lost by traders. For bitcoin alone, there have been more than 16.84K BTC liquidated. This comes out to $399.38 million. As for Ethereum, it tells an almost identical story with 298.96K ETH liquidated which totals $356.82 million.
Related Reading | Head To Head: Bitcoin, Ethereum Profitability For Investors
The smaller altcoins have not been spared from the onslaught either. Solana which has been one of the worst losers when it comes to the market downtrend has seen this translate into liquidations. With the digital asset finally dropping below $30, long liquidations have ramped up, leaving traders losing 699.32K SOL or $18.59 million in the past 24 hours.
Other top losers include FLM with $11.99, GMT with $7.86 million, ADA with $7.53 million, and TRX with $5.85 million. Other notable assets also recorded losses to a significant degree with XRP, LUNA, DOGE, and AVAX seeing $5.54 million, $5.19 million, $4.84 million, and $4.72 million in liquidations respectively. Litecoin completed the top 12 with liquidations of $4.60 million.
Featured image from Chemistry World, chart from TradingView.com
Follow Best Owie on Twitter for market insights, updates, and the occasional funny tweet…